FFA Goes to Fust Farm

FFA goes to Fust Farm.

FFA goes to Fust Farm.

Emily Graap, Reporter

The D.C. Everest High School chapter of Future Farmers of America traveled to family Fust Farm to educate over 400 fourth grade students on where their food comes from and help them learn about agriculture.

Part of the fourth grade curriculum is to learn about where food comes from and about the agriculture involved. Well over 50 students in FFA came together to coordinate learning stations for all fourth graders in the D.C. Everest District. The students in FFA came up with their own station and information based on their interests and taught the fourth graders part of their curriculum. High school students took on leadership roles to make sure that all 486 fourth graders got through each station within the two day span.

“I think the fourth graders liked it, they were very intrigued with all the machines and stuff in the milk house. And, they had lots of good questions about the milk house,” said Foster McMahon, FFA club member.

The fourth graders spent part of their day in the Fust Farm milk house where they learned about what happens to the milk after it comes from the cows, and how milk gets filtered and cooled, said McMahon.

“We had fun leading the kids around. They seemed to enjoy it, we joked around and sang songs,” said Tayvia Klinger, vice president of FFA.

Students were very involved in the learning stations and seemed to enjoy learning more about the farm, said Klinger.