Meet Mr. Todd Hugill – Science Teacher

Sadie West, Editor/Reporter

Mr. Todd Hugill is a science teacher, new to the district and teaches both chemistry and Wisconsin natural resources.

Mr. Hugill grew up in Dodgeville, Wis., and later attended college at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry.

Mr. Todd Hugill (Sadie West)

Afterwards, he did graduate work at the University of Minnesota on turf grass science. Turf grass science is a study of grasses, soils, water, and botany. His final education included earning a bachelor’s degree in education from UW-Stevens Point. 

Before coming to D.C. Everest, he lived in Massachusetts for 15 years, working as a golf attendant. He enjoyed teaching the younger people there and always had a passion for it, so he came back to Wisconsin to teach, he said. Mr. Hugill chose D.C. Everest over other schools as multiples of his friends told him he would enjoy it more than some other districts.

“I am super excited to be here. I feel like I have landed in a great school district and great school,” said Mr. Hugill.  “People have been very welcoming. It’s a very welcoming atmosphere, and the students have been great, too. I’m really feeling like I found the right place to be.”

Mr. Hugill wants his students to be comfortable in the classroom and have engagement. 

“I just like to keep the feeling light and low stress while focusing on the big picture, like the main ideas I want you to learn about science.”

In his free time he enjoys golfing, downhill skiing, water skiing, traveling, and spending time with his wife and two children.