Meet Mrs. Tiphany Schmidt, Teacher

Khiana Bradshaw, Reporter

Mrs. Tiphany Schmidt is a Cross Categorical teacher in room 105. She had been put in place of Mrs. Bartling, a retired teacher. 

Schmidt graduated with a degree in Special Education from the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. She taught for the past four years in the Edgar School District.

She chose to work at the Everest School District because she has friends who teach in the district who continually told her how great it was.

“When a position opened up in the Special Education department they encouraged me to apply. I also live in the community so this [is the] district my children will attend,” Schmidt said.

Schmidt has always enjoyed working with people and found joy working with individuals with disabilities.

“I teach because I believe I can have a positive impact on the lives of my students. Teaching and seeing students grow is one of the things that makes me the most happy. Life is too short to do work you don’t love!” Schmidt said.

Schmidt wishes to create an engaging, sun, and supportive place for her students to continue to develop their skills to become the most self-sufficient, independent, happy, and fulfilled adults.

“You never know what the future holds. For now, I’m happy with the position I’m in and look forward to many great years to come,” Schmidt said.

Outside of school, Schmidt has a seven month old at home, so her life is centered around her family. Her little one has officially started crawling, so she spends a lot of time figuring out all of the things that are not baby-proofed yet.

Schmidt most enjoys being with her family; her husband, their seven month old, Bennett, and their majestic cat, Demetri. She likes being outdoors, hiking, kayaking, or just taking Bennett for a stroll. She loves musical theater, watching movies, going to concerts, and spending time with extended family and friends. 

___________________________________________________________________

Mrs. Lisa Banks is another new counselor here at the Senior High. She is found in Student Services.

Banks worked in Wisconsin Rapids for 18 years prior to coming to Everest. She started there as an English teacher at West Junior High, then transferred to Lincoln High School. She worked as a school counselor at Lincoln for the last ten years she was in Wisconsin Rapids.

Banks came to Everest because Mrs. Jenny Oosterhuis had called and told Banks she should come work with her. Banks had always heard Everest was a great school district, so she thought it was an excellent opportunity.

Banks taught English when she was in College because she had always loved reading and English classes.

“I grew up in a family of Teachers and had always thought it would be a great way to share my love of reading, writing, and teaching. I switched to counseling because of the many times I helped students with their personal and academic concerns in my English classroom,” Banks said.

Banks hoped to be able to help her students as much as possible and make a positive impact on the school community.

Banks’ outside life is spending a lot of time with her family and friends. She travels as much as possible and has been to seven foreign countries as well as many U.S states. She loves to spend time outside and be as active as possible.